The OutdoorCureOnline Guide to the Importance Appreciation and Gratitude
- Gratitude shifts our focus. It makes us focus on the positive and as we gravitate towards what we focus on that can only be a step in the right direction.
- Being grateful can help to reduce your fears because it’s hard to be fearful and grateful at the same time.
- Gratitude exercises can help to relax us. Try taking just 5 minutes before you go to bed to think about the good things that have happened in your day and what you are grateful for. You may notice that with practice you start to sleep better.
- Gratitude can improve physical health. According to a study published in Personality and Individual Differences in 2012, people who express gratitude experience less pains and report feeling healthier.
- Gratitude can improve self-esteem. Studies have shown that gratitude reduces social comparisons as grateful people are able to appreciate other people’s accomplishments.
- A focus on gratitude and expressing improves our satisfaction with life. Instead of complaining or thinking about what we deserve, the focus is on what we have and the positive.
- Gratitude builds resilience by focusing on strength and what we have! Resilience is a key component in dealing with high levels of stress and change.
We don’t know about you but we are off to find ourselves a new notebook to write down what we are grateful for!
The OutdoorCureOnline Team x