At OutdoorCureOnline we are massive fans of any reading that helps us to grow or to think differently. There are times when you spend the whole time nodding in agreement with a book, times when you can pick out parts that are pertinent to you but others don’t seem to resonate, and equally times when it might just not be the time for you to be reading that book. Personal development books can help us to view ourselves and the world in a more positive light. By reading an uplifting or inspiring book, you flood your brain with positive concepts and words. They can inspire us to think about the choices we make in life and why we make them. There are ‘classics’ in the self-help book world such as Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway or The Secret, but one thing we have learnt at OutdoorCureOnline over the past few years is that sometimes personal development and growth is hidden in different places and that….. rocks our world! We’ve put together a list of texts that may not be your traditional self-help books, but are absolute hidden gems!
The OutdoorCureOnline Guide to the Secret World of Self-help Books:
1) Calm with The Very Hungry Caterpillar – beautifully illustrated with words to calm overactive minds. This one is top of our list!
2) This Is For You – Rob Ryan – an emotive and wise book about love and self-love.
3) The Year of Less – Cait Flanders – insightful and thought provoking.
4) Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert – A wise and funny exploration of living creatively.
5) Frog in Love – Max Velthuijs – Very sweet and subtle ‘love is love’ love story.
6) Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris – Leanne Shapton – an eccentric and imaginative depiction of relationship breakups.
7) Bod’s Way – Alison Cole – A quirky look at life!
Why not give something different a read today? Let us know your favourites.
The OutdoorCureOnline Team