One of the simplest ways to live a happier and healthier life is to laugh more. It is universal, unconscious and basic to humans. We are born with the capacity to laugh. Laughter helps us to get along with each other, you can ‘catch’ laughter from another and it is an excellent way to reduce stress in our lives. By the time we reach adulthood, we often find that we laugh less at a time when we need laughter more than ever. Laughter boosts our health, communication, positive thinking and creativity. It is playful and fun. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins which helps us to relax and feel good. It can reduce pain and aid the healing process. Laughing raises your mood and creates a positive state of mind. It also strengthens the immune system and simply put, it just feels good. So how can we get more laughter into our lives? We’ve put together our top 7 ways to let more laughter in. Let us know your favourites!
Light, laughter and sunshine: 7 ways to bring more laughter in to your life.
1) Explore and find your humour: go to a comedy club, read a funny book or watch a funny film, series or comedian. Plan time to do this into your week and stick to it.
2) Spend time with people who make you laugh. Their positive and silly vibe will give your energy a boost rather than hoover up your resources.
3) Be aware of what makes you laugh – it might be an observation, a silly groan-worthy joke or something that has actually happened. Use it to build a stock of ‘funnies’ to fall back on when you need them!
4) If you are a visual person, why not create a laughter board. You could use pictures, quotes or objects that make you smile and raise your mood.
5) Play more. Be carefree, goof around and allow yourself to be free to feel this, rather than stay permanently in the ‘serious’ adult zone.
6) Have a ‘giggle session’ with a loved one or friend. We were recently introduced to this idea and love it. Put aside 15 minutes and sit facing your giggle session partner. The first one to go says ‘HA!’, the second person then says ‘HA HA!’, the first person picks it up with ‘HA HA HA!’. Go backwards and forwards increasing it by one ‘HA’ each time. It works wonders!!!
7) Go through some old photos that evoke positive memories and write funny one liners or captions to them. This one is great if you do it with someone else!
What brings sunshine and laughter to your week?
The OutdoorCureOnline Team x