You may have noticed that we love a good quote here at OutdoorCureOnline. We run a weekly ‘Quote-spiration’ post and are always on the look out for motivational or inspiring quotes. So, before we share our current favourite quotes with you, we thought we would share why it is that we have such a quote thing going on. If you are a reader of quotes, you can probably sift through quite a few, before you have that ‘YAH-HOO!’ moment (yes, that’s the technical term for the moment where a quote really speaks to you or resonates)
Quotes can offer a new perspective or understanding to thoughts and ideas you are already having. It can develop them – i.e. back up your beliefs or reinforce them, or it can send them off in an entirely new direction bringing about fresh ideas. They are small but powerful and can give you a pick me up, or motivational boost. Sometimes it can be as simple as the feeling that the quote has summarised what you feel and it furthers your understanding about that. Do any of our blog readers have favourite quotes? If so, don’t forget to share them with us in the comments below.
OutdoorCureOnline’s current 7 favourite YAH-HOO inducing quotes:
1) ‘Don’t compare your path with anyone else’s. Your path is unique to you’ (Ram Dass)
2) ‘A hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles’ (Christopher Reeve)
3) ‘Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive’ (Brene Brown)
4) ‘We begin to find ourselves when we notice how we are already found, already truly, entirely, wildly, messily, marvellously who we were born to be’ (Anne Lamott)
5) ‘All good things are wild and free’ (Henry David Thoreau)
6) ‘The place between your comfort zone and your dreams is where life takes place’ (Helen Keller)
7) ‘When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about’ (Haruki Murakami)
Did any resonate or inspire you? We look forward to hearing yours!
The OutdoorCureOnline Team x